The LCD display is blank, like there is no power to the display.

I finally have my Archim2 working now I need to get the Display to work

I have my LCD (RepRapDiscount Smart Controller) connected to my

Archim2 and there seems to be no power to the Display it is blank

Is there a setting that I need to do in the Marlin4due Firmware

to turn on this display

Try swapping the display cables. Or post a picture of your boards so we can see how it’s hooked up.

I downloaded and tried these three programs and the only one that worked was Marlin4Due-Archim2

using this one MPCNC_Archim2_T8_16T_LCD_16step nothing worked no X Y or Z

using this one Marlin-MPCNC_Archim1_T8_16T_LCD_DualEndstop nothing worked no X Y or Z

using this on Marlin4Due-Archim2 the steppers worked but no Dual End Stops or Displays

Nothing on E0 or E1 only X1 Y1 AND Z

The display did not work for any of the programs

I did Try swapping the display cables no help

I tested the display on other machines and works just fine

When I use MPCNC_Archim2_T8_16T_LCD_16step I get an error from Marlin.ino see ficture

Here are picture that you asked for of the displays

After the compile/build error (2nd picture), did you enable SW SPI in config_adv.h and try again?

OK I tried it and still same results see picture

Do I need to do the same with that other three

/**

• Use software SPI for TMC2130.
  • Software option for SPI driven drivers (TMC2130, TMC2160, TMC2660, TMC5130 and TMC5160).
  • The default SW SPI pins are defined the respective pins files,
  • but you can override or define them here.
    */
    #define TMC_USE_SW_SPI
    //#define TMC_SW_MOSI -1
    //#define TMC_SW_MISO -1
    //#define TMC_SW_SCK -1

/**

Well, that got rid of the SPI error based on your last picture, but I just inspected the regular config.h file in the Archim2 package and ALL the LCD sections are commented out… I would try uncommenting the section that pertains to your LCD and give it a go.

I do not have any files for the Archim2, You need to build your own from my Archim1 set by changing the board and enabling all the drivers. If you need dual you will also need to edit the pins file for your board, just like I did for the archim1.

Could you answer the other question

Do I need to comment the other three

/**

• Use software SPI for TMC2130.
  • Software option for SPI driven drivers (TMC2130, TMC2160, TMC2660, TMC5130 and TMC5160).
  • The default SW SPI pins are defined the respective pins files,
  • but you can override or define them here.
    */
    #define TMC_USE_SW_SPI
    //#define TMC_SW_MOSI -1
    //#define TMC_SW_MISO -1
    //#define TMC_SW_SCK -1

/**

I have no idea, but I do know further down you should have setting for ever single driver that need to be enabled and set for your steppers.

Is there any way that you could do this for me and send a attachment so I can try this

I am not that good at this

Oh and sorry about the dual post I am a newbie to all this posting

I don’t have any Archim2’s last time I had one the driver setup was completely different. I do not sell them because those drivers are under heavy development and change everyday, the features they offer are not used in a typical CNC. Sorry but I just do not have enough experience to eyeball it, I have to test things to be confident.

Check my github to see it the marlin 1.9 archim2 firmware is still there, it should kinda work if it is.

I sense a whole big can of worms being opened… unless someone here has already got a Archim 2 fully functioning going forward will be tough.

I just poked my nose into Ultimachine’s Archim 2 github and it’s, well… a bit barren for my liking. After reviewing the Archim 2.0a schematic to answer the 2nd half of your SPI question, you don’t need to mess with the MOSI/MISO configuration once you’ve enabled SPI (see attached from the Archim 2 PINS file)

Archim 2 uses SPI to configure the Trinamic drivers, so don’t start with the Archim 1 files (they are configured for the old 8825 stepper drivers) - you’ll have to modify the Archim 2 cfgs and merge Ryan’s changes from Archim 1.

Also, you have a port error in your board detection, see second attachment for a possible fix

Archim-2-MOSI-MISO.jpg

This has been a journey! I also am having a little trouble compiling and uploading. I have an Archim 2.2b board and this is what I’ve done so far:

1. Plugged in the steppers and end stops.

2. Downloaded MPCNC_Archim2_T8_16T_LCD_16step and tried to install using a Due as the “board” (I was young and naive)

3. Received compiler errors for missing libraries (TMCStepper and U8glib). Fixed those by installing those libraries.

4. Installed “Archim” board by copying the following into the “additional boards manager URL”: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ultimachine/ArduinoAddons/master/package_ultimachine_index.json

5. Tried uploading using the “archim” board. Received a “Very Successful” error, just like Gordon. It was the most successful error I’ve had yet with the Archim 2.

6. Based on whoever’s suggestion that a “manual erase” followed by a re-flash would solve this problem: I then held the “erase” button whilst pressing “reset”.

7. Now I can’t get my computers (windows and linux) to recognize the board. I cant read/write to the serial port (obviously, because I presumably erased any program on the board) and I can not get a “very successful” error anymore. All I get is whats illustrated in the first attachment. It should be noted that I can see /dev/ttyACM0 appear/disappear when I plug/unplug. From my windows machine, I get a “driver not working” error.

8. I tried pressing “reset” right when it started uploading to the board, but that did not help. It just caused the upload to “hang”.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m thinking this is going to be a winner of a board once I get it working.

EDIT: I just opened up a new thread for my problem instance.