I had to switch tools a few times this weekend and I tried something that worked well. I’m not using a quick change mount so for me the hardest part of changing the tool is holding and aligning the Z Nut Lock while starting the tool mount screws.
Before removing the tool mount, I found the foam container that the stepper motors came in and cut a strip of foam about the length of the Z Nut Lock. I slid this up into the Z axis conduits behind the Z Nut Lock. It was a tight fit so I used a small screwdriver to help slide it in. When I removed the tool mount, the Z Nut Lock stayed in place and made it easier to put a different tool mount. I have switch back and forth 3 times so far, and it still works good, so I snapped some pictures.