Tool changes newbie question

I’m positive this question has been asked before, but I’m so new to this that I can’t quite figure out how to word what I want to search for.

Here’s a scenario. I want to cut out a rectrangle with a 1/8 or 1/4" bit. Within the rectangle I want to create lines using a .6mm bit. Think fretboard, since this is where I’m going with this.
I can’t figure out how to tell etlcam that the lines are to be carved with the .6mm bit not the 1/8" bit. I only see where I can specify the ‘finishing bit’ for those lines.
What I think will happen, based on the preview, is that my Primo will cut the lines with the 1/8" bit and then go back and finish them with the .6mm bit. What I really want is .6mm lines.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

What you need to do is select the 1/8" tool from the tool list, then select the path you want to cut with that bit. Then, select the .6mm tool from the tool list before selecting the paths you want to cut with that bit. When doing your path selections, whatever bit is currently selected in the tool list is the tool it will use to cut the path you are selecting.

1 Like

Of course! That makes total sense. Thanks!