Trouble with Z-axis in estlcam and repetier host

Hi,
I’m having issues with my Z-axis cutting too deep.
I believe the issue occurs due to some setting in either estlcam och repetier host.

At first i thought that the issues was due some mechanical error but since i properly calibrate the Z-axis by changing the DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT to the correct value 3200 to the pitch of the lead screw, i could then move the axis up and down the correct height with the controls on my display.

When i try to run a code through which i generated in estlcam and then ran it using repetier-host it cuts a lot deeper than programed and the depth varies. However if i change back the DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT to 800 and then compensate by increase the depth in estlcam i can achieve some descent results, however i find this method unnecessary.

Could there be an issue that the programs are unable to feed the correct amount of steps when the value is set to 3200? Or is there something that i could have missed?

I running my CNC with the following:
Board: Archim v1, from this site
Firmware: MPCNC_archim1_T8_16T_LCD_DualEndstop
Steppers: nema 17 59Ncm 2A 1.8 4-lead 48mm stepper motors.

Slow down the plunge rate, probably moving too fast.

Agreed what is your plunge rate? If your using allthread it requires a huge amount of steps, too fast and you may skip steps.

You need to slow down, you are using a screw and the CPU and steppers can only handle so many steps. You should get the recommended lead screws for a few reasons including this.