UK MPCNC'ers

Anyone here in the South East? Kent? Folkestone?

(Guess where I am)

Croydon - that’s close to (the top part of) kent

Don’t worry I’ve heard of Croydon alright :smiley:

All good things, all good things.

Ex-south east Londoner.

You building or built your beast?

Is that anywhere near Aberdeen? (Joke, sorry, had to ask, I might be from Australia, but Dr Who is a favourite.)

I,m in sittingbourne kent, building now, all parts printed ! waiting for motor etc bundle hope to have running in a few weeks !!!

Morning all,
Build completed yesterday here in Chichester.
Minor hiccup over the weekend where i fried the electronics but Amazon prime even delivers on Sundays so was back in business in under 24hrs.

Today I start cutting. I’m using a Katsu router, any of you have the same, and if so any tips re feed rate etc?

Robert, Good to know there’s another one in Kent coming along. Did you get all the parts and begin assembling?

Will, I’ve fried a few Arduinos and shields myself, so always have spares now! I had a scenario where things kept breaking until I started again with a fresh set of Arduino, shield and stepper drivers.

How are you going? I went for the Katsu too, so I’m keen to hear how you get on. Please post any findings about feedrates etc, when available.

I’m back on the project after a house move and workshop setup, so looking forward to hearing about any progress.

I am up in south Manchester, Cheadle to be more exact. Using a Mckeller router 600w cause its what I already had, made a mount and stuck it on thingyverse. Still not finished the router yet. I have one foot left to print but all my hardware is bolted up, electronics flashed but the motors and belts aren’t mounted yet. I’m procrastinating as I have to build an office outside for it which is having foundations poured at the end of the week. Kinda no incentive to finish till I can actually use it in anger. Things should start happening a bit quicker after that but I have a very small baby too so often getting distracted by the wife to do my bit. Just bought a 4000w scr from gearbest for it to control the router speed. Anymore of us up north?

I’m in Putney swap London, although I’m building it as a 3d printer rather than a CNC machine.

Hi built and running now just need to learn about cutting depth and feed rates thought I had it set for 1mm passes but dive down to 5mm .stopped in time before any damage done . Using estlcam . Sure I will get there in the end lol

Hi built and running now just need to learn about cutting depth and feed rates thought I had it set for 1mm passes but dive down to 5mm .stopped in time before any damage done . Using estlcam . Sure I will get there in the end lol

I meen making toolpathes in estlcam and cutting in rh