Virginia Primo Upgrade

Parts are still printing, but I began the process of tearing down burly for his guts.
New Primo, means build a new table.
2 more Trucks, a tool holder and a core left to print.
Maybe testing this weekend?

10 Likes

50% to go and that much filament left on the spool - could have sworn I had more than half a spool left. What are the rules on a filament switch on the core? Thinking this might be a reprint.

2 Likes

Hit pause, swap, keep going. No worries!

1 Like

It needs to be an odd number of filaments. So you can switch to something, but then you have to switch again. If you don’t, you will have bad gas whenever you use the core.

Laughably that’s not out of the question, roll number 2 has very little left, reorder won’t be here until Friday.

1 Like

image image

TwoTone Core! 60 some hour print. Aside from the filament shortage on my part - no issues.

Well I guess the only issue is not knowing how to rotate an image on mobile. Just turn your computer monitor sideways.

7 Likes

I like it. It is like a popsicle with a strange second flavor.

2 Likes

I thought for a moment it was a new second core started on top of the first… is after 5 o’clocks…

Dual core?

1 Like

3D Printers have IDEX. Why can’t CNC have IDCore.

That’s ambitious

Good weekend for the wife to be out of town. Think I’ll use this coffee table for a workbench for my electronics project! Planning on repurposing an old UPS case to house all the zappies.

4 Likes

That is a great idea, as long as it fits. Those fans are effective and pretty quiet.

Also as long as she does not return home early. Then no amount of quiet is enough

1 Like

That looks like a good use I have a few around here both cases and end tables

One truck to go - everything is coming together nicely, instructions are easy to follow.
Does anyone else find themselves going off on rabbit trails? Suddenly I find myself wondering why its so dim, why aren’t my shop lights working, let me take that apart and look at the ballast to see whats wrong.Like I know how to fix that?

4 Likes

Hmmmmm, can we find a power supply as small as that ballast and fit it in on of the rails??? Ohhhhhhh

1 Like

Sounds like MPCNC PRIMO V2 just got upgraded to 2" rails.

1 Like

SHE MOVES!!!
Still need to finish up wiring some things, finalize my cover of my refurb electronics powerhouse. Clean up the shed, and then make some sawdust. But I’m happy its moving.

5 Likes

Love the face plate!

1 Like