When your table costs more than your cnc...

Not much, but I finally got it dirty. Had to put the 660 back together after the PID testing. Need a good test file, this isn’t as good a test file as I was hoping for. Came out with great detail for 15 minutes worth of watching it.

[attachment file=58497]
[attachment file=58498]
10% finishing step over with a ball end mill.

1 Like

@vicious1 Do you still have your MPCNC on that tool chest? If so how is it working out? If not, would you recommend doing that? I ask as if it’s sturdy enough, I’d like to do something similar for my build as I don’t have a lot of shop space and having it on a rolling cabinet would make a lot of sense.

1 Like

Yes, I do love it. I actually move it around a lot so the wheels are a must for me these days.I am finally done being nice to the top so I think I will drill some larger holes to pass through some clamps on the more used positions so that first drawer will be mostly empty…I tend to leave the touch plate and screen on it and pull it halfway out to use it then tuck it in when running.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s great to hear. I’m so glad it works well. And it just justified getting the chest I’m eyeing!

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread but earlier you were looking at different ways to color your tubes. My brother-in-law turned me on to a product called Cerakote. It’s pretty tough for when metal on metal contact is being made.

1 Like

I have that on some of my dirt bike parts. I recently watched a video on how it is done, could be worth a shot, but my boots wear through it pretty quick so I imagine the bearings would as well. The black tubes worked great though, just ended up with 3 tiny stripes, but they still stink like that stuff.

2 Likes

I have this space in my office that is 24"x80" and I have a fold up table there now. But I kind of hate it and it just collects a ton of clutter. I was just looking this morning at actually building some cabinets and a counter top into that space to add some drawers and a nice countertop on top. But I wonder if I should shoot for a toolbox instead. You’ve got me thinking.

It is carpet though, so the wheels probably won’t work great. And it is upstairs, around a few corners. Hmmm.

The box is big and heavy but if you found a cheapie, I prefer them. My desk is a Home Depot Husky worktable with 2 drawers, has a little crank if I wanted a standing desk but I use it to get the perfect height for my chair.

1 Like

Garage furniture feels more natural for me. Go figure. I think I am going to replace my open shelf for the matching husky two door cabinet.

1 Like

I like the idea of the blackened rails. Looks fantastic. Has anyone attempted having DOM Chemically treated at a shop that specializes in Black Oxide conversion coatings? We use one here in Detroit for commercial valves and I’m thinking i could get the proprietor to run my tubes at a reasonable price.

Curious if anyone has already tried this.

Todd