Wire sleeving

OK so the table is done and I’m ready to wire everything up. What size sleeving will fit best? I’m leaning towards 1/2" on teh larger bundles and 1/4" on the smaller. I like to leave a little extra room especially on flexible runs because I like to take old super skinny tape measures and clip the ends off and slip them into the sleeving to act as a pseudo flex spring.

I got cheap 3 meter long tape measures from local hardware store. They are of “normal” size so require a bit bigger sleeving but I’m fine with it.The result is less bulky than a cable chain.

I just use the wire sleeve, for the X and Y wiring clipped to the table about midway between the corners and a piece of aluminum angle between the Y-axis steppers for the Z wiring to lay on. Seems to work well, no steel tape/drag chain required.

OOPS! My bad, didn’t notice this was the Low Rider section. Sorry., I’d delete this if I knew how.

Hi, what size sleeves did you end up using? what/where/how much do you recommend to purchase?

Thanks

It’s 1/2" sleeving from Amazon and I probably used about 14’ of it. You could get away with 3/8". I used an old tape measure slid inside of the sleeving on the X axis to create a drag chain of sorts.

1 Like