Wiring Diagram for MPCNC & Rambo v1.4

I just finished the build of my MPCNC Primo except for the wiring. I bought the Rambov1.4 board, LCD display and the complete wiring kit with end stops. I can’t find a diagram to show how all this hooks up. I only see one output each for the x & y axis on the board but I read somewhere that if you’re using end stops each stepper motor needs to be hooked up separately. Do the two display cables go to P1 & P2? There are two connectors for the z axis but only one stepper motor. Why? A diagram would really help.

Jerry

1 Like

This should get you started: Wiring The Steppers - V1 Engineering Documentation

Lots of other good info in the DOCS pages.

1 Like

Paul’s link is the best place to start. The X2 motor goes to the E0 plug. The Y2 motor goes to the E1 plug. The two Z plugs on the Rambo board are wired in parallel to a single stepper driver, so only use 1 of the 2 plugs (plus you only have one z motor). The dual endstop switches need to be wired normally closed. Pay close attention to the pinout diagram (on the page Paul references) when plugging in the endstops. Plugging them in wrong can short a 5V pin to ground and not good things can happen.

Pay close attention to the pinout diagram (on the page Paul references) when plugging in the steppers. Plugging them in wrong can short a 5V pin to ground and not good things can happen.

I’m a little confused. I read if a stepper is going the wrong direction just reverse the plug.

1 Like

Plugging endstops in wrong will short 5v to ground. Plugging steppers backwards is fine. But in general be very careful and intentional while wiring. Best case scinario, careless wiring will lead to hours of troubleshooting and rework… worst case it will lead to property damage and injury.

1 Like

I’m sorry. It should have been, “when plugging in the endstops.” Also, since you are doing dual endstops, the right place to find the pinout is here, and in particular this image. The issue with the endstops is the pattern of the plugs…

EndstopsRambo

…where the signal pin swaps positions between the two rows. Plug it in wrong, and you short 5V to ground. Fortunately the Rambo board is tough. Usually the people who make this mistake do no lasting damage to the Rambo board.

2 Likes