Wiring Question

Ok,

Home stretch now - Belts run, Dewalt in place, what about wiring to the RAMBO? I am assuming unless Im using the dual endstops that I dont use the switches and home is wherever I start the mill. What about the steppers? Coming from 3D Printing background I know X, Y, Z but without a Y adapter how do I attach them to the RAMBO? Thanks,

Jeff

Does this help?

https://www.v1engineering.com/mini-rambo-1-3/

1 Like

Ryan,

Yeah I saw that before but did I miss something in the build instructions about combining the 2 x steppers and the 2 Y steppers? I see only the X, Y, Z on the board photo (ie: not using all 5 outputs) I am familiar with in the 3D printer world using Y adapters for Z axis so was wondering if that is what is done here and I just missed it.

Thanks

Jeff

My wiring kit is pre-wired for Series, giving you one plug per axis.

Ryan,

Well there’s the problem!

I thought I added the extra wiring for endstops and I think that all I got was the endstop wiring. The flat ribbon cables right?

Jeff

4+2 cables are for the dual endstop kit. All of this info is towards the bottom of the assembly page.

https://www.v1engineering.com/auto-square-dual-endstops/

1 Like

Ryan,

Yep those are the cables I got - I misunderstood and thought I was ordering both so that eventually I could use them. So… I guess I need to order the series cables and undo these…

Jeff

Did I not send your entire order?

All I got were the ribbon cable 4+2’s

What did you order, if you give me an order number I will double check.

Ryan,

Im about 99.9% sure this is my fault. I think I misread when I chose the wiring and thought it was coming with the series wiring and so by ordering the dual endstop I would be getting both. Im also pretty sure this means my board is flash for dual endstop and not series. Can I just go ahead and reflash? If so do you have the link I need to use? Also, my full graphic LCD board does not light up, do I need to enable a setting in Marlin then for it to work? My order # is 4475. And finally, when using the series wiring do I use ANY endstops? I see on some builds they have them while others dont.

Thanks,

Jeff

Start without them. You can always add them later if you decide you’ll need them.

1 Like

So, Can I just buy the serial wires from the store and not use any endstops and still use the firmware thats more than likely flashed on the board with endstop support?

I guess all I needed was a fresh day, moved the ribbon cables again and now I have a screen. Just need to probably reflash the board and get serial wires right?

Thanks,

Jeff

If the board is flashed with the dual end stop firmware, you're going to need to flash the regular firmware. Without end stops it will only move in the positive direction.

1 Like

So…

Is this the version I need?

MPCNC813FullRAmbo_GLCD_T8.zip

And then follow Ryans instructions to compile and flash right?

Jeff

That’s the right one if you have the lead screw instead of the all thread.

BT,

Yep the all thread is just threaded rod right? I have the nice looking rod that I got in kit from Ryan.

Jeff

Can you post a picture of it? I didn’t know Ryan still shipped allthread.

I have the leadscrew, not the all thread.

Jeff