Won’t cut entire pocket

I’m trying to cut out 2 pockets. Both exactly the same size and shape just mirrored. One side will cut out just fine. The other leaves a large chunk undone and I can’t figure out why. Hopefully someone can give me some insight to what I’m doing wrong. Thanks!image image

Mirror the cut in this case . Try deleting the imperfect one and recoppy and paste rotate maybe fix
Look real close in estlcam there may be a brake lr overlaps. You are the second person in 2 weeks with this problem maybe contact the programmer Christian he is very good and see what he has to say

tried that and it didnt help. this isnt the first time i have had this problem using peel. that does a much better job but wont always cut the entire pocket.

Does it do the same thing when you mirror the part as mirroring the cut?

If im doing that function correctly then yes it still leaves that pocket

Email christian at estlcam he will help

not hijacking but im having the same issue, Peel seems to be the problem, and Id rather peel than the other cuts, this is what mines doing, I emailed Christian a few weeks ago when I did the AZ flag, but with all the COVID stuff going on I’m sure hes got bigger fish to fry currently

1 Like

Peel is where my issue is too. Linear cuts do fine. I have not had a chance to email him yet. @bubbaedc could you please let me know what he says when he gets back with you? no sense loading him up with a bunch of the same question.

1 Like

will do!

1 Like

so I emailed him on march 22nd, still haven’t gotten anything back, maybe someone else should try?

so i just discovered, full peel pockets, then when I added a finishing pass, it went to only partial pockets… hope someone smarter than me can help us figure this out lol

Those just seem to be too small to use peel, I think any other option should be fine. I use peel for large pockets

2 Likes

I just dont get why it peeled all of one and most of the other. they are the exact same size. i didnt have a clean up pass so it wasnt that in this case. The small sections were 1" wide

I know it seems odd, but if you try something else it will work fine. Fighting a bug is not worth your time. we have pointed it out hopefully it gets fixed, if possible, in the mean time you job is going to cut much much much faster using a linear strategy with a finishing pass anyway.

I agree. I already made the cut using Linear. I just know the milling basics say to always use peal so i try to as much as possible. this cut just seemed like it should have worked fine. Thanks for the heads up

1 Like