Z-axis Offset or Orientation

• Was running the crown code. Had some issues I wrote down:

#Size of “crownJune23” “e10” must be larger for “g-code”
    #Z-offset must be utilized when moving between specified cuts
    #figure out homing/starting/origination reference point
    #figure out ending point
    #change out series wiring versus end-cable wiring

The main questions I have for @Ryan is

• How do I offset the Zaxis in gcode or another way so the mpcnc doesn't run the drill through the material into the next cut section? I'd like the drill to lift up and home down into the material for each section in accordance with estlcam.
  • I realize I'm missing the black and white wires [not grey] from the Individual wiring kit or Rambo kit w/ limit switches. Where can I buy just the black/white wiring for the limit switches?
  • Does the lowrider2 utilize dual endstop wiring?

Can you describe what you are doing now. What you are asking is normal operation.

Any two wires will work, I have some end stop wires in the shop that you can splice in if you don’t have the connectors.

Not recommended but can as described on the LR page.

“Can you describe what you are doing now. What you are asking is normal operation.”

#My mpcnc legs are pry too long per your recommendation(9"-9.5"). There’s a decent amount of height and 4 layers of styrofoam laid upon one another on top of my cutting table. I’d like to have default heights manually set or referenced so that the drill is not drilling through between cutting sections. Once I have individual wiring set up I can proceed with any tutorials on homing the zaxis reference layer.

“Any two wires will work, I have some end stop wires in the shop that you can splice in if you don’t have the connectors. Any two wires will work, I have some end stop wires in the shop that you can splice in if you don’t have the connectors.”

#That would be ideal. I suppose I would need 2 wires for each limit switch x 5, so 10 end stop wires. How/Where could I individually purchase those 10 end stop wires from you?

#Side question…What web development platform service do you use to host your site, forum, and all? I’m currently using Wix, however I really admire the layout and organized forum you’re able to host. Very professional and orderly.

#Is there a link to a kit somewhere for purchase w/ alligator clips or equipment for referencing the zaxis through touching the metallic cutting plane and drill bit lightly together?

#My zaxis conduit is almost 2’ or 24" for the zmotor and dewalt equipment.