Z Touch Plate

Believe you are correct. As work ours is g28 home but this stuff is a different animal
This is what he sent me email but trying to figure the the best way to coordinate this in the post processor since I didn’t make my own I used flyfishers. That easy to do or do you have to manually Change when the entire code manually ?

@SupraGuy which fly fishers post believe these items are in group 6

This is getting beyond my area of expertise, as I just use Estlcam, and I’m using RepRap Firmware on my board, not Marlin at all.

G28 is a generic home command, and can be used to individually home various axes, but it’s not going to use the touch plate with your firmware.

G38.2 Z0 should probe downwards until the touch plate is contacted, then stop, it appears that the post processor will make the .2 adjustment from there.

I generally keep this stuff out of the job code, and use macros to set my workspace zero, so I don’t use a post processor for much, except the one built into Estlcam for outputting Marlin flavour Gcode. Yoru question probably should have been in a new post, rather than recycle a year old one…

I didn’t see how you’re connecting to the LowRider, but it looks like you’re using the LCD, which is good, It would be a good idea to set up some custom menu items to do things like set your zero spaces and use the probe.

I have the smart controller, Believe it’s a Rambo v1.4 board. I haven’t searched much of estlcam. Is that similar to fusion 360 and the way post processor works?

Estlcam is a program to take .DXF or .SVG drawings and turn them into Gcode. So sort of like the post processor, I suppose. I don’t use Fusion 360 to generate Gcode myself, so I guess Estlcam is my post-processor.

1 Like

Is that free?? Be nice to be able to make some football stuff for the garage

There is a “Free Trial” version of EstlCAM that lets you use the full capacity, though it will start an ever-increasing count-down timer when you go to access some things (It has been a while since I’ve used it, and don’t remember exactly what functions the timer is on). The good thing is, it is only about $60 (last time I checked) to get rid of that timer.

2 Likes

@c00nphrog may have to look into it, appreciate the info.

Thank you

1 Like

CAM tools have to decide what “dialect” of gcode they’re going to generate.

Post Processors will convert one “dialect” of gcode to another, for example generic “general purpose” gcode to Marlin-specific. Can include things like explicitly spelling out feed rates on G0 commands rather than relying on the implied last supplied speed (which can cause problems if your Z can’t go nearly as fast as your X and Y axes can).