Cramer’s MP3DP

On this coupler should the T8 lead screw go all the way down until it bottoms out and then the rest is for the stepper motor? If I put my fingers on the T8 lead screws while moving it up or down it gets quiet.

There is a lot of play in my T8 Lead Screw Nut on the right. :frowning:

Just get it together, level the XZ axis, then bed and try it out.

Am I doing this right?

[attachment file=“2019-01-07 16.37.43.jpg”]

Perfect! 8-O

While you have it out have a look at my new extruder setup pics, there is a better way.

Looks like I have a lot of room for improvement. Quick question though. Does the nut go inside with the gears or outside by the heater?

inside

1 Like

I seem to have trouble extruding. Temp 210

It sounds like your gear might be hitting the throat?

It doesn’t look like they are touching. It seems like it doesn’t have enough power to push the filament through.

[attachment file=“2019-01-09 09.09.12.jpg”]

Loose wire? That clicking is not normal. You can turn up the current a little bit to the extruder. Make sure the temp is good, does it feed good with your fingers?

It actually looks like the step rate is wrong. Mine never shoots out like that it comes out pretty slow.

You’ve got a rambo with the setting at 900mA, though, right? That should be plenty. It’s also possible something else is wrong. Can you push the filament through easily enough when you hold down the lever?

errr…mini rambo.

Another place that could be making that sound is if there isn’t enough tension on it.

But if there’s something causing a clog, like the wrong steps or temperature table, then the skipping is the symptom, not the cause.

I have trouble pushing the filament through by hand. I managed to touch the hotend and it’s definitely hot!

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 11 // 11-MK8 5-Aero

From Ryan’s firmware. If you have 5 for some reason, the temp is wrong. Anything over boiling would probably feel hot to a finger.

For some reason people think CNC is more difficult that 3D printers…no way.

The CNC machines are easier, but the slicer is easier than CAM. Sure would be nice if it wasn’t but…

Would it matter who’s filiment is being used? I am printing Maker Geeks at 235 and might go to 240