Dust collection adapter

Happened to find a PVC fitting in my pile that fit on the dust collection port of the LR2 perfectly. After buying one more piece I had an adapter capable of converting from the LR2 to my 2" system.

The problem with this is that it is a sharp conversion from the 2" pipe to the smaller hole for the LR2 as the middle piece is flat on the inside and does not taper. This caused the hose I was using to compress significantly putting a lot of stress on the carriage. I’ve designed a tapered adapter in Fusion 360 that I am going to print tomorrow. Hopefully this fixes the problem because I don’t want to have to cut the only 1.5" hose I have for my small vac.

-Ryan J.

1 Like

It should work, just need to clear the rail and not hit the rollers.

-Ryan Z.

I designed a different vac duct piece for mine. A 2 1/2" hose fits a little loosely when squished a bit to fit the oval shape. Unlike Ryan’s better designed parts this does require support to print though.

Before 3D printers, people have been editing pvc for dust collection all the time. You can heat it up to shape it, glue them together, and cut/heat/glue it to make smaller diameter.

I created it using the same dimensions of the pieces I had. Just added the taper. Should cleare everything.