MPCNC compatible mount or drag knife holder for Lowrider2?

Hi!

I really would like to use the accessory models available for the MPCNC. Particularly the drag knife mount with the built-in springs would be ideal for the large sizes of machine beds we see on the Lowriders…
Unfortunately, I cannot find an adapter that matches (or even fits on) the V2 router plate. Does it exist or should it set out to create one?

PS. I saw the knife and pen holders that go across the vacshoe but I’m missing the spring effect (at least for the knife holder) that I think will be most beneficial…

Thank you!

There was a cobbled mpcnc mount that attached to the lr1 plate on the extra motor mount holes. I haven’t seen that in a while. If you made the mpcnc shaped mount attach to the LR plate somewhere, then you’d have a winner, I think.

Yes, I did find that and it looked promising but then I realized the V2 plate is much more compact and also did not have the extra holes you mentioned. No place to put it in its current form.
Looking at the knife mount, it also seems to me that putting it on top of the plate is going to be an issue either way: The knife does not extend far enough down, depending on the thickness of the plate and other limits to how far you can lower the gantry…

I’m thinking about turning that holder upside down and making it somehow clamp-able so that it can be attached to the underside of the plate.

PS: I also saw the design presented here somewhere that has interchangeable plates (e.g. for a laser or a knife) and attaches to the screws on the brackets. But it looked massive and the knife adapter did not have built-in springs…

I’ll see what I can put together myself…

Yeah. The pen / knife mount is very clever and simple. Just adding a little leg to it with a hole, so you could put a screw on it to mount to the bottom of the plate would be a quick CAD and work pretty well. It is hard to make something that is rigid in XY and has good tension, but flexible in Z. If I were you, I would stay as close to Ryan’s design as possible. I think it is very close to the optimal solution.

The advantage of having that “half mpcnc” mount is that it also works well for the laser mounts out there. I can see the feedback that the mount ends up too high though.

I’ve been planning to design and print a cylindrical part that the drag knife holder could attach to. The cylinder would be sized to fit in the DW611 base. I just haven’t gotten a round toit. 8^)

I would print the knife holder first to verify it will fit inside the 611 base, but based on the pictures I think it will.