NoVA Lowrider Build

Hello all,
I’m beginning my CNC journey by building the Lowrider v2. Over the past few months I’ve printed all the parts as time allows and I finally bit the bullet and ordered the hardware from V1.

My build is going to be a little different than some, but should be pretty vanilla in a lot of ways. I hope to keep this thread organized with my progress and document some of the pitfalls I’ve worked through.

Ryan was sold out of the SKR 1.2 when I wanted to order, so I sourced mine from Amazon and along with a TFT35 v3.0. First mistake right there, I didn’t realize that there is both a TFT35 v3.0 e3 and a non-e3 version. There isn’t much difference between the two, just the location of the control knob. It did mean that I needed to source a new case for the controller.

I used this for the case for the SKR Pro 1.2:

but that only works with the TFT35 v3.0 e3. I found a case for the TFT35 v3.0:

and remixed it to match the mounting holes for the SKR’s case as well as to use 3mm hardware.

With that all sorted I started in on some other organization. I designed a holder for the AC adapter that V1 sent:

I plan to mount that on one of the Y plates along with the control board and TFT.

Got the whole thing assembled and sitting on my workbench now. Still have to make a new table top for it and connect all the belts.

4 Likes

Hope my SKR case works for you! Build is on the right track by going vanilla and then modifying to your needs. If your table is tried-and-true (literally) you’ll but cutting in no time.