Problems with Rambo 1.4 Dual End Stop Firmware Release 2.0.5.4

I don’t think it is documented, except for posts in the forums.

ok thanks Jeffeb3 i will look for it and figure it out

i will also have to look for the laser configuration i decide to used marlin 1cnc rambo dual i will stay on this one and add the modification i need for my used i dint find the bed size yet but it is lot of line to pass true

I AM GOING CRAZY I THINK !

it does not work no stepper is working at all !
i tried both configuration marlin v1cnc rambo and marlin v1cnc rambo dual !
check whit M119 all endstop is configure good !
recheck all connection for the 25th time !
when i send command to move axe any of them nothing work or move !
i used diferent nema 17 stepper as i previouslly post up this post it is the same nema17 but stronger then the one viengineering send they had none when i order my kit !
is there something in the configuration.h or configuration_adv.h i have to modify or an other file ?
do i have to download a firmware for the full graphic smart controller big i buy from viengineering ?
i dont now what to do next i am out of nervous pills lol

when i type M503 i have these
SENDING:M503
echo: G21 ; Units in mm (mm)
echo: M149 C ; Units in Celsius
echo:; Steps per unit:
echo: M92 X100.00 Y100.00 Z400.00 E100.00
echo:; Maximum feedrates (units/s):
echo: M203 X50.00 Y50.00 Z15.00 E25.00
echo:; Maximum Acceleration (units/s2):
echo: M201 X180.00 Y180.00 Z80.00 E180.00
echo:; Acceleration (units/s2): P<print_accel> R<retract_accel> T<travel_accel>
echo: M204 P180.00 R3000.00 T180.00
echo:; Advanced: B<min_segment_time_us> S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> X<max_x_jerk> Y<max_y_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>
echo: M205 B20000.00 S0.00 T0.00 X0.50 Y0.50 Z0.30 E5.00
echo:; Home offset:
echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00

thanks

help me I’m desperate !
my other post for more details

Francois

Been there, done that, won “Best Ricardo Montalbán Impersonation not referencing Wrath of Khan or Fantasy Island” two years running…

Crazy is kind of de rigueur around here. You’ll get used to it. In the meantime, slow down, take a breath. Then, take a picture of your control board so that the big brains can see all the connectors, and post that. After you’ve done that, post a picture of your whole machine, so they can also get an idea of what you’re working with.

edit: Sorry, hit “Reply” too soon. We’ve got a great group of folks here that can troubleshoot most any problem, and unless your machine is haunted (or someone is purposefully messing with it), they’ll most likely be able to help you track down the issue. The key is to relax, trust in their expertise, and let them help you. It may not happen as fast as you’d like, but it will happen.

it is done i did a video but cant up it here

So, if you use V1CNC_Rambo_Dual with no modifications, none of the motors move? Do they make a noise or anything?

no nothing but as i say it is not the motor from viengineering thats why i post the model last post

The motors should be fine. Unless they are not wired AABB. Motors are dumb. They are pretty tough and there’s not much that can go wrong with them.

Sometimes people will buy smaller motors and they will skip steps, but these seem fine.

i order a ps 24 volts 6a and i will check the outpout voltage also to see if it is not the board ^!
is there a firmware to putt on the screen also and whitch ?

That kind of screen doesn’t have firmware. It gets completely controlled by Marlin.

ok do you now the pinout on board rambo 1.4 for the stepper i will try to find the pinout for my motor

i understand now why nothing is working !
LowRider2 CNC 25.4 mm there is no firmware to make it whit Rambo 1.4 !
i have to edit configuration_adv.h for it to make it work i will try to do the m command on the adv.v whit pronterface to see if it will work or if i bust the board so fare !

my motor pinout is

Those steppers are fine, I use them in my setup.

do you used a rambo 1.4

Show us all the power connections on the Rambo.

No but there are lots of Rambo users here.

are they clear enought ?

In full disclosure I have a MPCNC Premo upgrade from a Burly so my wiring is a little different but the Rambo 1.4 board works about the same in both cases.

Your X, Y, and Z1 steppers seem to be wired correctly. I can not determine Z2 and Y2 since they are on a ribbon cable and could be reversed but are probably OK.

Make sure that all end stops are normally closed and are in fact are showing continuity between contacts.

Also check the fuses, especially F2. If F2 is blown, the display will still function, I believe, but there will be no power to the steppers.

As previously mentioned by others, I would not use the dual end stop firmware version, at least until you get the machine otherwise working… baby steps!