Show us where you live!

Mine will clearly not be as glorious as the previous pictures, but anyway.
I live in Shanghai, but in a nice and quiet suburb so I have some space , which is quite a luxury in such a crazy gigantic city.

Anyway, my neighborhood looks like this:

IMG_20200421_180517

Also, the neighbors are always there to enlighten my daily commute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
IMG_20200714_085940

7 Likes

Today in North Yorkshire it’s cold, wet and foggy. This is from taking the dog for a walk earlier today.

The dog didn’t care though…

Rob

4 Likes

View from the office today:

3 Likes

Is that snow?

1 Like

Part of the great beauty of this country is its variety. IF it were up to me (and I’ll freely admit it’s probably a good thing it isn’t :grin:), every college would have a course at least an elective and better a requirement that would be a 2-3 road trip around the country. Guaranteed to be an educational experience.

1 Like

Yep. I made a different random post about it. It was 90+F here on Saturday, 100F in Denver (I live in the suburbs), and it’s going to be 90F again by the end of the week.

90F = 32C

Wow, that’s a very, very hot summers day. We got to 29C and that was the hottest day of the year for us. We once got to 36C in London and had to close the curtains and lie down.

Rob

My office view for the day. Drizzle and cold (well, getting colder, it’s more than 20° cooler today than yesterday), and the wall of derecho debris remains… The second wall. The city’s already been through once. That’s the rest of it. We put the chairs out there during the clean up as a place to rest and rehydrate, and just never got around to taking them back to the porch.

I do wish I had my Burly up and running. I would have carved a few slabs from the trees we lost, and made some plaques. But I just couldn’t justify keeping big hunks of tree around for no real purpose. Especially when the wife is currently purging the house…

1 Like

No risk no phun.

My office today. About 4 hours from home (Vancouver) on Shuswap Lake today or I would be finishing the wiring on Primo.

5 Likes

Another day in paradise…

Just to clarify - not a diss - this IS where I live.

• Al
1 Like

More snow here today. We had had our largest and our 4th largest fires in CO history this year. I sure hope this snow knocks them out.

4 Likes

Speaking of fires, I don’t think I’ve seen Ryan post recently.

I hope he’s doing OK with the fires in his area?

Whats happening over there?? I hope all are well!!

Several states, California, Oregon, Colorado and possibly more have some serious wildfires burning in their forests.

1 Like

Yesyes, I know I know. It’s more an expression of worry and sympathy…

1 Like

Well no “nearby” fires but no sun either. Safe for now! Looks like apocalypse now out there, orange/grey.

4 Likes

Good to hear! Truly scary stuff. Hoping there’s rain in the forecast and good thoughts for the fire crews.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty bad here.

We are just a little left of salem.

1 Like

Be safe, Ryan has plenty of parts and support. Praying for eveyone in possible harms way :pray::pray::pray::pray:!!!

1 Like