Tool Shadowbox

I love this idea and want to make a few for my box, but I’m pretty sure there wouldn’t be enough foam left to hold itself together. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Cutlery tray? :rofl:

I was thinking for my situation, I don’t want to pay for drawers, so perhaps I could take the same idea starting with a hardboard base and cutting foam that is deeper than all the tools (perhaps grouping tools by height), and I could have little stackable pallets instead of being all random in a box or drawers.

If the foam is deeper than the tools then I would also want little finger tabs so I don’t have to fight the foam to grab the tools.

Bigger box?

Smaller tools?

Not perfect but something like this might help…

4 Likes

Back when PDA’s were a brand new thing, I remember saying “If I need a pocket computer to remind me of all my daily appointments, I’ve got too many appointments.”

Any chance you’ve got too many pliers? (Never mind, even as I typed it I knew that was just crazy talk).

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking about something like that. Quarter inch sheet of plywood, with foam on top. Then you can make a couple towers with slots to hold the pallets. Kinda like Frank Howorth’s latest shelving project, but the pallets instead of drawers.

Also, for scaling images one of my retired CSI friends sent me one of these.

“STOP USING QUARTERS FOR SCALE!”

1 Like

And stop using inches while you’re at it!

1 Like

He was always yelling that, so we’d use the most random thing we could find for scale.

I’m guessing this was long before bananas were invented. Those are perfect.

2 Likes

Garage sale. Or help a young person out who jist bought a house get started with a bunch of pliers (but never the right one).

What about quarter inches?

Fine, metric feet it is!

1 Like

Is it weird that I kind on like it? The best part is, I’m finally 6 feet* tall!

*metric feet

I’m holding out for a metric day = 100 kiloseconds.

Not counting leap seconds of course.

5 Likes

Took me a full ten seconds to realize what was going on with that clock.

You mean 0.01ks

That clock is a bit strange.

1 Like

The AttoParsec is clearly the most appropriate unit for objects of this general scale.

The BeardSecond is useful on very small scales.

And all this time I thought it was furlongs/fortnight, Dang!

1 Like